Tuesday 17 July 2012

Best Compliment Ever.

The first thing that came to mind, rather oddly, is something a guest said to me while I was the Housekeeper at the Mac for the Iona Community. As I was leaving to go home she said "Wow, you're much less scary without an apron on!" I'm not entirely sure why that was the very first place my brain went to...

Anyway...

A Community Member told me (several times) that I'm the best Housekeeper he has ever seen in his many, many years visiting the centres. That made me pretty happy. Not sure it's the best ever though. Especially as I don't want to be a housekeeper.

Somebody once told me "Your eyes are very... expressive." They did mean it as a compliment, even though it didn't come out like one! I will admit that they are though. Everyone can see what I'm thinking at all times! Even if I get the rest of my face under control my eyes will still be looking at the person saying "That is the dumbest idea I have ever heard" or something similar. I am also quite good at getting other people to crack up laughing in awkward situations just by giving them a look. I must say, I really do brighten up meetings and social functions I attend for my friends.

Another compliment(?) along the same nature came from Jeni. "Your face is hilarious." I was telling a story and making all the right faces to go along with it... which she seemed to appreciate. In particular the face that goes with a strangled cry...

In short, the compliments that seem to mean the most to me appear to be the ones that express my oddness. Curiouser and curiouser...

No comments:

Post a Comment